Home > Facebook for the Macabre
If your Facebook newsfeed is a little boring or, Heaven forfend, cheerful, then like a few of these pages and gloom that thing up.
- Kim’s Sticks and Strings : The Facebook page of Kim’s Sticks and Strings, whom I’ve interviewed .
- Laurie Lipton : An incredible artist whose subject matter is often skeletons and other
- Morbid Anatomy : Surveying the Interstices of Art and Medicine, Death and Culture. In other words: spooky goodness from history.
- My Eclectic Mind: The Art of Heather Gleason : Gleason’s creepy/cute artwork and all sorts of other fun things.
- Ryan Matthew Cohn : The osteologist from Oddities.
- Skull-a-Day : Skulls, skulls and more skulls in all sorts of media. Companion page to the Skull-A-Day blog.
- Sylwia Makris’ Incredible Photography : I did a post about her work . She’s prolific.
- Twisted Circus Productions : The FB page of special effect make up company Twisted Circus Productions, which features photos of their make ups. Read my interview with Karen Girard, the owner, here .
- Dancing with Death : Facebook page of the Tumblr account . I’ve also interviewed the owner of this page .
- Everyday is Halloween (All Hallow’s Eve) : Humorously disturbing images to amuse.
- Gothic Culture : Lots of photos of lovely goth ladies, as well as other gothic goodness.
- Gothically Insane : Beautiful, macabre, disturbing photos from the Victorian or modern era. Anything goes, really.
- Halloween and Horror : All things Halloween and Horror related. Decorations, cakes, make-up, food.
- The Macabre and Beautifully Grotesque : This one is dangerous. They have over 1500 photo albums of eye-popping art across an array of genres. You can lose days of your life looking through this page.
- Morbid Reality : Truly disturbing images. Viewer discretion advised.
- Morticians : Humorous photos for those of who appreciate gallows humour.
- Cult of Weird : Billed as an online museum and shop of oddities and curiosities, as well as bringing you news of the weird, this one has it all. It’s the Facebook page of the Cult of Weird website and Etsy shop .
- The Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum : The page for the Edgar Allan Poe’s house in Baltimore.
- Mutter Museum : The FB page of the fantastic Mutter Museum .
- The Thanatos Archive : The facebook page for The Thanatos Archive, a museum that collects early memorial photography.
- The Chirurgeon’s Apprentice : The FB page of Lindsey Fitzharris, a medical historian who writes about wonderful things like medical abnormalities and ossuaries. She’s also a TV presenter and has a website that collects her work.
- Clive Barker : The original Hellraiser.
- Dahlia Jane : She is the owner/bloggess of the wonderful Upon a Midnight Dreary , about whom I’ve waxed poetical before .
- Neil Gaiman : A creator of dreams and spooky things. Possessor of fantastic (in both senses of the word) hair.
- Loved to Death : Art Gallery/Gift Shop/Antique Store. The FB page for their website .
- Obscura Antiques & Oddities : FB page of the popular television show .
- The Autodidact in the Attic : The Facebook page for this site, where I post all sorts of extra macabre things that don’t necessarily warrant their own blog posts.
- Confessions of a Funeral Director : The FB page of writer Caleb Wilde , a 6th generation licenced funeral director and embalmer. Loads of funeral-based information, humour and images. (Hearses and coffins and caskets, oh my!)
- The Morthouse : Skeletons, mummies, bog bodies, exhumations. The dead, and what happens to them. Mostly news stories having to do with death–nothing too gruesome. Mostly. Companion page to the website .
- The Order of the Good Death : The FB companion page to the OGD website , which is about reconciling people with the concept of death–like the good old days. It’s also the home of the Ask a Mortician videos. You can see my post about those videos here .
- ScaryDad : The FB page for the ScaryDad blog, whom I’ve interviewed .
Have I missed any out? What are you favourite FB pages?